Wednesday, May 4, 2016

My memories from Chicago: The 2016 NAEA Conference

OK, so this trip of mine was taken in March, but I thought I'd post some picts anyway...what a great time I had! I hadn't flown in 15 years and this was my first trip (over 24 hours) away from my kiddos. My hubby also decided to get me a new phone on the way to the airport. That may not seem significant to you, but my old phone was probably 10 years old and wasn't smart at all! ;-) Anyhow, I took TONS of photos, but here are the highlights:

This COOL-age was made using be funky--I just LOVE it!
Starting at the top left:
  • Getting to see some inspiring contemporary art at the Chicago Cultural Center
  • Meeting one of my favorite bloggers, Cassie Stephens--and her friend Jennifer Alvarado (both ladies were so sweet and gracious).
  • Finding a Chihuly piece by accident
  • Finding a Calder piece by accident (actually they weren't technically by accident since I had checked out this site before going).
  • Finding TWO cows! You know I love them!
  • Falling in love with a new-to-me painting by van Gogh at the Art Institute.
  • Seeing van Gogh's palette.
  • Getting up close and personal with A TON of wonderful artists (again, at the Institute).
  • Having a Chicago Dog!!
  • Talking to Cloud Gate on the phone (http://statuestorieschicago.com)
  • Getting up close and person with Straandbeasts and taking one for a walk at the Chicago Cultural Center (see link above).
  • Seeing all sorts of neat signs and window displays
  • Making discoveries and exploring (window in the Cultural Center)
And the larger, central image is the view from the bar at the Chicago Athletic Hotel. I should have taken a photo of the bar--it was GORGEOUS!

Oh, and there was a conference, too! I had a great time at the conference chatting with other educators, checking out the vendors, and learning all sorts of great things--some of which I began using THE DAY I GOT BACK. I've made a little "scrapbook"-type thing that hold images, notes, etc. from the trip and I have referred to it many times since my return to access handouts and notes from the sessions I attended. 

What a great experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...